BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Saturday, November 14, 2009

Production Dayz 02: Arlia (the Poetic Prologue

This was something else that was well into the works but due to severe writers block, it came to stand still. I only posted the poem prologue on Myspace so I'll do the same here. Enjoy.



 "Arlia"


Who am I to drink in love’s sweet wine and take its life-giving miracle?

Who am I to deny my end when the raven leaves its feather at my door?

I am only human, so I am no one.....

Therefore as a human, if I deny that my love is as hollow as a dead elm and is just as diseased, would it make my longing more bearable?

Or as no one, would it simply be a fact undeniable?



I alone carry a love that ages to perfection like full-bodied French Syrah.....

Yet once my love is breathed into another, the fruit rots and the wine is spoiled.....

What good is my love if only I can partake of it, that is, if only I can drink of its richness without the grape itself spoiling within my body?



Is there someone who can savor the intensity that is my desire?

Someone who can breathe its sweet hypnotic aroma?

Someone who can taste its deluding lushness?

Is there someone who can partake without slipping into anguish’s arms under the beautiful guise of Euphoria?




No, my lush Syrah will remain untouched and continue to age ....

So that I alone will know its strong scent....

I alone will know its flavor and twist my tongue at its pleasurable bitterness....

So when the raven drops its feather at my door and I hear the bells toll in the distance,

I will be human and I will be alone.


0 Fellow Ponderers: