BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Production Dayz 05: FairyTales Anonymous (Aiding the Dark Fiction Writer into Being Less Emo)

So I went to my doctor today and he tells me to take it easy (how, I'm not to sure) but I don't have a job at the moment which means I'm screwed either way.

Anyway, he knows I'm a writer and thinks my stories have too much psychological torment to the characters. Shadow of Chance for instance sounds like its heading somewhere dark. It is but I'm not gonna tell him that!

Anyway, he suggests that I write something with a happy ending or happy characters. Or even a fairytale would make things alright. He thinks it would be good therapy and would probably allow me to feel happy and prove to myself that things work out. His point is that it will give me more of a positive outlook.

I'm a huge fan of fairytales...the REAL ones. Grim Fairytales and the like. Fairytales that haven't been Disney-upped! Not the most positive thing but he wants to see if I can be more positive in my writing rather than just dark. (I think he was a step away from calling me Emo. lol) So I'm going to try it. Take something Dark and turn into Light?

That's one hell of an assignment. wish me luck. I'm actually considering a Madame Butterfly theme fairytale (loosely based mind you because I was upset with that ending even though I love the opera)

Butterflies are beautiful but slightly creepy (like Monarchs) Anyway, I'm rambling. Gonna work on that a little since I'll be seeing him again next month. May your day be full of Words and Happy Thoughts...yeah 'write!' have a good day people and a happy thanksgiving.

Autumn

0 Fellow Ponderers: